well water brown

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by maritaylor, Feb 5, 2012.

1. maritaylor

maritaylor New Member

Feb 5, 2012
    Santa Rosa
    My well water turns brown only during a rain..my husband passed away suddenly about 3 years ago and we never had this problem while he was alive. He was a retired carpenter and I worked full time so I did not know what he did. I had a well company come out and flush it out. They also recommended a new calcite/corosex filter to raise the ph of the water. Is this going to take care of the brown water? Thank You
  2. ballvalve

ballvalve General Engineering Contractor

Dec 28, 2009
    "retired" and still building and troubleshooting
    northfork, california
    Beware of men selling water treatment systems. It doesnt rain much in Santa Maria, so maybe nothing is a good approach.

Where is the well? Be sure the cap is on and its not flooded somehow. A 25$ whole house filter installed by the handyman should be enough.

The PH of your water has no bearing on its color, and its very unlikely its changed unless someone drilled a new oil well nearby.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement