Well pump turns on every 30 min. HELP

Users who are viewing this thread

Steve H

Reaction score
I installed a new Red Jacket pump 5 months ago. My well is 330' deep and the water level is 60'. Pressure switch is set for 30 to 50lbs and the tank is holding a precharge of 28lbs. The system has only 1 check valve that's in the pump.
The pressure will drop in about 30 min. and the pump cycles back on. I shut the water off to the house but the pump still cycles every 30 min.
Could a leaking pitless adapter O ring be causing this? Should I install another check valve? If so where is the best place for the check valve?
Thanks

Speedbump

Reaction score
Yes the pitless could be causing this, so could a pinhole in your droppipe or a dirty checkvalve.

No you shouldn't add another check valve.

bob...

Raucina

Reaction score
You could isolate portions of the feed line from the well temporarily [using check valves or existing shut off valves] to determine better the location of the leak before pulling it out. Might be above ground.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks