Well pump turns on every 30 min. HELP

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by Steve H, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Steve H

Steve H New Member

Oct 1, 2007
    I installed a new Red Jacket pump 5 months ago. My well is 330' deep and the water level is 60'. Pressure switch is set for 30 to 50lbs and the tank is holding a precharge of 28lbs. The system has only 1 check valve that's in the pump.
    The pressure will drop in about 30 min. and the pump cycles back on. I shut the water off to the house but the pump still cycles every 30 min.
    Could a leaking pitless adapter O ring be causing this? Should I install another check valve? If so where is the best place for the check valve?
  2. speedbump

speedbump Previous member

Jul 15, 2005
    Water well and pump tech.
    Riverview, Fl.
    Yes the pitless could be causing this, so could a pinhole in your droppipe or a dirty checkvalve.

No you shouldn't add another check valve.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Raucina

Raucina New Member

Jul 30, 2006
    You could isolate portions of the feed line from the well temporarily [using check valves or existing shut off valves] to determine better the location of the leak before pulling it out. Might be above ground.