well pump problem

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by Jason Turner, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Jason Turner

Jason Turner New Member

Mar 21, 2006
    i just bought a house that had been winterized. after turning on power to the well and check that all valves are open i am having a problem
    i have great pressure at the spicket between the pump and the tank
    pump cycles on and runs until pressure is built and the pump remains off until a valve is turned on however the pressure at the house is low enough to stop with a little force using your thumb. i have taken the piping loose at the last valve in the line before entering house and the results are the same
    i can't understand why i have outstanding pressure at the well but not at the house
    am i missing a flow control valve or something done to the well system when it was winterized
    please help
    thanks in advance
  2. Bob NH

Bob NH In the Trades

Oct 20, 2005
    New Hampshire
    Check for a leak between the tank and the point where it enters the house. If there is no flow, the pressure should be the same throughout the system.

This is a time for pressure gauges at both ends that you can check with and without flow.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. speedbump

speedbump Previous member

Jul 15, 2005
    Water well and pump tech.
    Riverview, Fl.
    Do you have any "whole house filters" in line anywhere. Or a water softener, iron filter etc?