Well pump pressure switch

Users who are viewing this thread

germne

Reaction score
I changed the pressure gauge going to my bladder tank because the old one was reading a constant 95psi. The new gauge works fine, but the pressure-sensing switch doesn’t work now although the manual lever can cycle the pump. To prepare for removal of the pressure switch, I have temporarily wired the well pump directly to the circuit breaker and I pressurize the system to 35psi when necessary.

The switch is a Square D Pumptrol (20-40psi, I think).

I'm thinking the pressure switch is air bound. Before I get myself into more trouble, what would a pro do to get the switch working?

Thanks

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
pressure switch

Get a new switch. They don't cost much. And use a new 1/4" brass nipple to install it with. A galv nipple will clog up on you. May be your problem now. Also check out a Cycle Stop Valve www.cyclestopvalves.com. A CSV will keep the switch and everything else from wearing out.
Valveman

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks