Well pump pressure switch

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by germne@ptd.net, Mar 31, 2006.

1. germne@ptd.net

germne@ptd.net New Member

I changed the pressure gauge going to my bladder tank because the old one was reading a constant 95psi. The new gauge works fine, but the pressure-sensing switch doesn’t work now although the manual lever can cycle the pump. To prepare for removal of the pressure switch, I have temporarily wired the well pump directly to the circuit breaker and I pressurize the system to 35psi when necessary.

The switch is a Square D Pumptrol (20-40psi, I think).

I'm thinking the pressure switch is air bound. Before I get myself into more trouble, what would a pro do to get the switch working?

Thanks
  2. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

pressure switch

Get a new switch. They don't cost much. And use a new 1/4" brass nipple to install it with. A galv nipple will clog up on you. May be your problem now. Also check out a Cycle Stop Valve www.cyclestopvalves.com. A CSV will keep the switch and everything else from wearing out.
    Valveman