Well pump for sprinkler system

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by PastryChef1990, Sep 10, 2013.

  1. PastryChef1990

    PastryChef1990 New Member

    Sep 10, 2013
    Does anyone know where you can purchase this piece and what it is called. It's round, has two terminals, when you take the cover off it was in the end, looks like a very large battery, seen ones online but they all have double terminals, not the single.
    Number and name Philips 111A271-1 110 VAC 60 Hz

    Attached Files:

  2. masterpumpman

    masterpumpman New Member

    Mar 26, 2007
    Consult and Teach Well Drilling Internationally
    Virginia Beach, VA
    It's a Capacitor. Try Grainger, they should be able to match you up.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

  4. valveman

    valveman Moderator Staff Member

    Mar 15, 2006
    Pump Controls Technician
    Lubbock, Texas
    That is a “starting capacitor” to be a little more exact. After you get a new one and hopefully get the water back to running, you need to figure out what causes starting capacitors to go out. Start cap going bad is one of the first signs of excessive cycling on and off. You should try to solve your cycling problem because the next thing to go is the motor itself.
Similar Threads: pump sprinkler
Forum Title Date
Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog Sprinkler pump flow through at intake Apr 16, 2016
Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog New Well Pump with Fire Sprinkler Jun 8, 2015
Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog Garden sprinkler system jet pump setup? Jun 7, 2014
Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog Pump to sprinkler mystery. Apr 8, 2014
Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog centrifugal "sprinkler pump vs. jet pump Jul 21, 2013

Share This Page