Weathermatic T3 Rotor Arc Won't Adjust

Users who are viewing this thread

s7chill2

Reaction score
Purchased a new home with Weathermatic system installed by builder less than 2 years ago. One of the T3 rotors (with arc adjust) closest to the house appears not to be able to adjust the arc. It spins completely around, no matter what the setting is on the arc adjust - which would be no problem in one of the open areas of the yard, but it's right next to the house and sprays the brick foundation. Is there a way to open it to see the gear assembly to troubleshoot/fix, or is my best bet to simply buy a new sprinkler head?
Thanks in advance for your help

Fireguy97

Irrigation Contractor
Reaction score
You probably already have this, but if you don't'
http://www.weathermatic.com/files//Manuals/Rotors/T3_Arc_Adjustment_Guide.pdf

I'm not familier with Weathermatic, but if the plastic gears get stripoped or even lose a couple of teeth, you'll have problems. For the cost of a new head, (on-line it's $10-$12 - Store front suppliers will be a couple of dollars more) replace it. If you replace it with the same make and model, you should be able to unscrew the top of the new one, pull the guts out, and do the same with the old one - without haveing to dig up anything. You might have to clear a little of the turf and soil from around the old head to get a grip on the cover.

Slip the new guts into the old housing, close it up and adjust it. If it's that close to the house, prepare to get wet.

Mick

s7chill2

Reaction score
Cheers Mick-

Thanks for the help. Sounds like a plan forward. Glad I found this forum - lots of great stuff on here! Wish I found it sooner.... the sprinkler guy will just not return my calls (been trying to get a hold of him for over a month)

As for getting wet, you're not kidding. In my case, it's in a corner where the house meets a ground-level deck, so there's really no way to get behind it to adjust the arc. My kids think it's funny when Daddy comes inside soaked from messing with it. At least this is giving them some entertainment...

Thanks again,
Steve

Fireguy97

Irrigation Contractor
Reaction score
I do that every day. Customers think that it's funny too (It also takes the sting out too.....Normally they're still talking about how wet I am when they are handing me my check.) You have to do what you have to do. If I don't come home wet and muddy, my wife wants to know what I've been doing all day.

Mick

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks