Water softener problem after power outage

Users who are viewing this thread

Euclid

Reaction score
I recently had a 5 day power outage. When my power came back on I was having problems with my Kenmore UltraSoft 180 Water Softener. It was continually draining and my sump pump was running continuously to get rid of the water. I tried to unplug it and plug it back in but it didn't help. None of the buttons seem to be working correctly on the control panel. All I see is the word SALT blinking. I've tried pressing different buttons and the SALT button just continues to blink while the softener keeps draining. I finally put it in bypass mode to stop the water from draining. I hate to pay for a repair man to come out. Did the power outage somehow fry the controls? Should I just but a timer myself and install it? Thanks in advance for any advice that you can give me.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks