Hot water fluctuating after taco 006e3

Users who are viewing this thread

Eloy

Reaction score
I recently installed a taco hot link plus e water recirc system. It uses a 006e3 pump and a hot link valve that I installed under my kitchen sink.. all seems to be good but when kid went to take a shower the water fluctuated from nice warm to super hot and back a cpl times.. we don't seem to have any issues with the other showers. I replaced the shower valve cartridge but the issue continues. I'd hate to take the system out but also don't want the kid to burn taking a shower..any ideas on why the water temp fluctuates? I should add it is a new water heater as well.
TIA

Kabra

Reaction score
I recently installed a taco hot link plus e water recirc system. It uses a 006e3 pump and a hot link valve that I installed under my kitchen sink.. all seems to be good but when kid went to take a shower the water fluctuated from nice warm to super hot and back a cpl times.. we don't seem to have any issues with the other showers. I replaced the shower valve cartridge but the issue continues. I'd hate to take the system out but also don't want the kid to burn taking a shower..any ideas on why the water temp fluctuates? I should add it is a new water heater as well.
TIA
Eloy, I think the reason you didn't get a reply is that there's not enough information about your system to make any sensible suggestions. Some information describing the layout of your plumbing system or even some pictures I think would be helpful.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Wonder if the heater isn't water stacking when cold water enters the heater kicks on the burner. Return line where does it tie into the heater? Is there a check valve recir line?

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with this system specifically, but those valves generally open and close based on temp. It's possible the pump is stuffing hot water into your cold water line during a shower.

How long did this last?

If it only lasted a short time the hot water was already in the cold water line (if this is the type of system I'm thinking of) when you (he) adjusted the temp in the shower it was with hot water in the cold side. Then you'd use up the hot water that was already in the cold water piping then you'd need to adjust it again. If the valve is calling to be opened during a shower your pump could be shoving unwanted hot water into the cold side.

Run a shower and feel the temps both at the crossover valve and the shower.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks