water softener line clogged

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by rmsco1956, Nov 6, 2012.

1. rmsco1956

rmsco1956 New Member

I was wondering what happens if the drain line is clogged? Will the brine tank fill up with water? If someone has any answers it would be very helpful.
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  2. ditttohead

ditttohead Water systems designer, R&D

The system will not work. Once you have repaired the drain line, regenerate with a little extra water in the brine tank and all should be well again if no other problems exist.

This is a very basic answer, if you want more details, let us know and we will provide more information.
  3. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

The answer to the question is yes it will.
  4. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

Water must flow to the drain in order to cause a suction. If the drain line is clogged, water will fill the brine tank.