Water pump

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by Randy54, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Randy54

Randy54 New Member

My pump comes on a lot with no water running. There are no leaks in the house. I'm told the most common problem is that the bladder loses air. I have a Gould model V60 . How can I find out the proper amount of air to put in. Thanks
  2. LLigetfa

LLigetfa DIYer, not in the trades

3. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

If the pump cycles when no water is being run, it is a sure sign of a leak. The leak can be anywhere between the pump and the fixtures in the house.
  4. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

If you are sure no water is running then it is probably the check valve leaking back.
  5. Randy54

Randy54 New Member

Thanks for the replies. Is the check valve on the line. Or on the pump itself?
  6. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

Could be either or both. What kind of pump do you have, above ground jet pump or submersible?
  7. Randy54

Randy54 New Member

Not sure of the make. Although I think it's a golds. It's sub
  8. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

The pump has a check valve, and it is pretty common for he installer to place another in the drop pipe.
    It is also very possible that the drop pipe or lateral line is leaking, particularly if it is galvanized pipe.
  9. Randy54

Randy54 New Member

It looks like the pitless adaptor is bad. Thanks for all the help. This site is very informative!