Water coming out from behind cold water knob.

Users who are viewing this thread

rush_2929

Reaction score
I went to turn the water off on my bathtub faucet because it was leaking. I turned the hot water off fine but when I tried to turn the cold water off, I guess something broke. Because water came shooting out from behind the knob and I couldn't turn it tight. It kept turning. So I turned the water off coming into the house and removed both the knobs. From what some people have told me I'm pretty sure I can fix this on my own. But what parts do I need and how do I take the faucet off? I looks like this but the shower latch is closer to the wall.

rush_2929

Reaction score
Packing nut is loose or needs to be repacked can you post a picture,
Wish I could, I don't have a phone or camera to do that with. But can you post a diagram? The faucet looks like this and I took the hot and cold water knobs off and I can see the plastic parts the the knobs screw onto.

faucet11-2.jpg

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
Send me a link to the site where you got the picture as I tried to look for it and and could not find it,

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks