water bladder in storage tank burst

Users who are viewing this thread

megneil

Reaction score
we have a wellxtroll wx203 that iam told the water bladder is burst on. There is plenty of water being produced however. I have my home for sale and the buyer is requesting we take care of the problem. Can we fix the tank or does it need replacing? If it needs replacing has anyone had experience with the wellmate storage tanks? thx:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
You should replace the tank rather than repair it. Easier and quicker.

R

Rancher

megneil said:
If it needs replacing has anyone had experience with the wellmate storage tanks?
If you're selling your house and the buyer has specified you change out the tank, go to your local big box store, and buy the smallest, cheapest tank you can find.

Rancher

Speedbump

Reaction score
That tank was famous for losing it's bladder. I don't agree with Ranchers theory though. You are liable for a year after you sell the house in most states. So why take the risk. Buy a good tank, the cost won't be that much more and you'll be off the hook. Good brands are Well-X-Trol and Flexcon. I'm not fond of Well Mates. Their bladder isn't the best either.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks