water bladder in storage tank burst

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by megneil, Jan 10, 2007.

1. megneil

megneil New Member

we have a wellxtroll wx203 that iam told the water bladder is burst on. There is plenty of water being produced however. I have my home for sale and the buyer is requesting we take care of the problem. Can we fix the tank or does it need replacing? If it needs replacing has anyone had experience with the wellmate storage tanks? thx:
  2. Cass

Cass Plumber

You should replace the tank rather than repair it. Easier and quicker.
  3. Rancher

Rancher Guest

If you're selling your house and the buyer has specified you change out the tank, go to your local big box store, and buy the smallest, cheapest tank you can find.

Rancher
  4. speedbump

speedbump Previous member

That tank was famous for losing it's bladder. I don't agree with Ranchers theory though. You are liable for a year after you sell the house in most states. So why take the risk. Buy a good tank, the cost won't be that much more and you'll be off the hook. Good brands are Well-X-Trol and Flexcon. I'm not fond of Well Mates. Their bladder isn't the best either.

bob...