Washing machine hose replacement time frame - braided steel vs. black rubber

Users who are viewing this thread

richard8

Reaction score
:confused:Hello,
How often do you need to replace the two washing machine hoses.

I read this for black rubber hoses

" clients that they examine their washing machine hoses on a regular basis and keep a record of the date of those inspections. If your current washing machine hoses are of the black rubber type and they appear old and brittle or show any signs of bulges or blisters, then the hoses should be replaced immediately. You would also want to check to see if the hose connections are secure, including the drain hose, and ensure that there is at least four inches of space between the wall and the back of the washing machine to reduce the risk of kinking the hoses. These black rubber hoses should be replaced every 5 years."

I have heard of an instance of a neighbor of mine who had the "hot water" hose burst while he was running the washing machine. The hose was about eight years old.
Luckily he returned home after 10 minutes, there was minor flooding during 10 minutes at 65 psi water pressure.

However, what about the life span of braided steel hoses.

Has anyone heard of any instances of the burst proof braided steel hoses. Do they blister or create leaks.

What are there time frames for replacement.

Thanks for any advice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks