washing machine drain code?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by wallsjd25, Dec 13, 2004.

1. wallsjd25

wallsjd25 New Member

I just bought a house and am doing some major remodeling before I move in. I am doing it all myself. The building inspector said the drain pipe for my washing maching was out of code, something about a vent and a trap. Can anyone help me with this? If so I appreciate it very much.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2004
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    drain

Not really, because we do not know what the existing washing machine drain looks like and why he turned it down. All we can tell you is that a washing machine drain, or any fixture drain for that matter, requires a trap, and a vent between the trap and the main waste pipe. But there are innumerable ways that requirement can be met, and just as many ways that they can be installed impropely.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. wallsjd25

wallsjd25 New Member

Right now the drain pipe is just a straight pipe into the floor, no vent or trap.