Washing Machine Connection Leak.

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by Alex, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Alex

Alex New Member

Hi there.

I am having a problem with the connection of my washing machine to the main water supply.

There is a small but constant dripping of water from the 'cold' connection.

This leak happens whether or not the machine is in use.

If I attempt to loosen the connection water begins to spray out in an alarming way.

It also continues when I turn the lever that is supposed to stop water overflowing when you dissconnect the machine.

I have been told that this could be due to a washer wearing out?

Can anyone help?

Apols if correct terms not used - Have attempted to attach a Word file which (if it works) could explain more clearly.

Thanks a lot

xx

Attached Files:

2. Plumber2000

Plumber2000 Plumber

Sounds like the hose washer is worn out, replace it with a new washer.