villeta vs. reliant 3

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by dx, Dec 14, 2008.

1. dx

dx General Contractor

Need to pick a faucet for a customer. They like the styling of both Moen Villeta and AS Reliant 3 (7385.000 series). I haven't personally used either.

Would like some feedback on choosing between these two, particularly on the quality and "feel" of the faucets. What I mean is, most Moen single-handle faucets I've used feel a little sloppy and crude in operation, compared to the silky-smooth operation of a Grohe, for example.

Would I be correct in assuming the AS is a little more refined feeling? Also, is the cable pop-up on the AS better than a conventional one or doesn't matter?

Thanks for any input.
  2. Cookie

Cookie .

Picking things for a homeowner, you can't go wrong in picking whatever looks higher end.
  3. dx

dx General Contractor

They like both equally well, looks-wise. Need feedback on the "quality feel".
  4. kordts

kordts In the Trades

A/S has a ceramic disc. I have serviced two A/S ceramic disc type faucets compared to hundreds of Moens. Granted, there are more Moens installed than A/S in my area, but I think A/S is a better value for the customer.
  5. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Am.Std. is my last choice!