Vessel Sink replacing an under mount sink?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jsmallberries

Reaction score
A few years back I built a vanity and a pre-caste concrete counter top with double sinks.

First time attempt. I panicked last minute and went with smaller sinks thinking I needed more space for faucets while leaving enough counter in front,

I regretted that decision and think the sinks I went with are too small. 11"wide x 18.5 long

I was thinking of adding a Vessel type sink as a solution to the small sinks

The counter top is 35.5 high.

Is the counter already too high? Does anyone still use these?

Attachments

• Countertop complete.jpg
    Countertop complete.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 65

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
I guess I'm not sure what problem you are trying to solve. Is it that you don't like the look of all that open counter space? Or you actually need another place to brush your teeth?

Reach4

Reaction score
Note that vessel sinks usually don't have overflows. The overflow not only does the function it is named for, but it also vents below a pop-up stopper. So draining may not be as good if you have a pop-up stopper or a strainer that can slow the flow of air in the presence of water.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
kind of odd to add a sink there but why not ? you want 3 sinks instead of 2 totally doable its only money and your choice to build it your way

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
just going to look wiered with 3 sinks if you want to swap one out you would have to patch the hole left by the old sink.
You might just bite the bullet and rip out the counter top.

Jsmallberries

Reaction score
Simply placing the vessel sinks over the existing openings, not adding a 3rd sink, that is what I am considering.
They make vessel sinks with an overflow.
Here is a sample

Attachments

• IMG_7056.jpeg
    IMG_7056.jpeg
    43.1 KB · Views: 56

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Cool Ok , I envisioned something else the wall hung faucet is some work but looks nice too . I guess your main concern is the height. how about fabricating a card board box to similar dimensions ? for you and whoever else uses that bathroom see how you like

Jsmallberries

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, the counter I made, precast in the garage, sink openings 11 wide by 18.5 long, cutting this 1 1/4" inch thick Surecrete counter is not an option, I'll see if the partially recessed might work

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks