venting thru eaves

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by doitmyself, Sep 26, 2004.

1. doitmyself

doitmyself New Member

I think code in NY state requires venting through the roof. Is it kosher to run the vent from the inside main stack, through the outside wall and up thru the eaves?

Or is it a bad idea to run the vent where its most likely for an ice dam build-up (although, its on the south face of the house).

Sched40 PVC ok for this type of application?

thanks in advance.
  2. Deb

Deb Plumber

Deb

When I worked someplace that did not get much snow or cold, it was okay. In snow and/or cold country, it is not. We get alot of snow, but it does not generally get bitterly cold. I run all vents to the peak of the roof and never run a vent smaller than 2"--I prefer all 3".
    Deb
    The Pipewench