Vanity vent question

Users who are viewing this thread

GatorKenD

Reaction score
I'm probably answering my own question, but thought I'd put this out there before making extra work for myself. Doing a bathroom remodel. All the plumbing is exposed. I have a horizontal vent branch for the vanity that is 39.5" above the floor. The old vanity was 36" high. As I understand it, that branch should have been 6" above the flood rim of the sinks. It wasn't. The new sinks I'm installing will have a flood rim 3" higher than the old ones (they will be at 39").

I need to raise that horizontal branch, don't I?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That is why the codes read, "6 inches above the overflow level of the fixture OR 42" above the floor, whichever is HIGHEST", so people do NOT have a problem when they remodel a room. The answer to your question is YES.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks