Ultramax Toto toilet in the corner?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by amanhaus, Feb 1, 2005.

1. amanhaus

amanhaus New Member

Do you have to have a special toilet for a corner? Or can you just orient it the way you want to? I plan to have new plumbing put in so this can be considered new construction. I searched the web and found only one other toilet that is specifically designed for a corner, yes it is space efficient but I didn't like the look.

I realize I will lose some space by orienting a regular type toilet in the corner but would really like to do this for several reasons. (I want a corner cabinet over the toilet that is going to be very large among other reasons. If it isn't oriented out of the corner, it can't be as big.)

In case I'm not making myself clear, I would like the toilet to be at a 45 degree angle to each of the side walls making up the corner instead of the normal perpendicular to one of them and parallel with the other.

--Alice
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

I know of no reason to not do this. Get a spec sheet on the toilet, and get out your geometry book! You need to VERY carefully plan the rough in on this one, or you will be in big trouble. Personally, If I was going to do this, I would get the actual toilet and create a full size template on a piece of 1/8 luan. Use T-squares to line things up and verify wall clearances and determine your rough. Make sure to include finished wall thicknesses in your planning.

There will be dead space behind the tank You could build a little corner shelf there to hold a plant or something.
  3. amanhaus

amanhaus New Member

Jimbo --
    Thanks for the thoughtful reply. I think your idea about getting the toilet before hand is a good one and is doable in this case.
    --Alice