Tub Only Fixture Question

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by OldPete, Sep 26, 2006.

1. OldPete

OldPete DIY Senior Member

Silly drawing, but it gets the point across... is it allowed to have the control for a tub away from the spout. In this case, it doesn't make much sense to have the valve by a person't feet when it can be right next to where the person is relaxing.

(At least I think it's a good idea...) ;)

Thanks for any input...

[​IMG]
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

I don't think there is a problem...
  3. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

That looks like one of my "Pictionary" drawings.:eek:
  4. OldPete

OldPete DIY Senior Member

Yeah... :) But you have to admit. It makes you wonder why the heck people put the valves by your feet instead of right where you can reach it.

Ok, granted... toes are good too.
  5. plumber1

plumber1 Plumber

Pete, a lot of us don't lay down in the tub, but, I've put them on the side and it's good to do so.

We had a lever type Delta at the regular place at the front of the tub.
    While laying and soaking my wife could use her foot and add hot water to her bath.
  6. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

Have you seen this baby. I think you add hot water by remote control or something.;)

Attached Files: