Tub Drain Kit push open/close type

Users who are viewing this thread

nodrainbrain

Reaction score
Hello, I purchased a Lincoln bathtub drain kit that has a push open/close for the drain stopper and a new overflow plate. Upon removing the old overflow plate, I found I could not remove the old linkage. It won't bend and is unremovable. I read where some brands like Kholer are not removable. I won't be needing the linkage anyway since the new type of drain open/close is the push type not the lever type. This bathroom is in an apartment building. The linkage is visible in the drain and sits 2 1/2 inches below the tub opening. The new drain plug is only about 1 inch deep. Am I correct in assuming that i can leave the old linkage where it is in the wall and drain and it won't affect the new drain stopper? Appreciate response. Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks