Toto Seat - No Love

Users who are viewing this thread

Jericho

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Toto Drake II to solve a clogging problem created by my darling daughter. Thanks to the great advice I gained from this board I'm completely satisfied EXCEPT for the soft close seat that I got with the toilet. It has so many nooks and crannies in it that it is nearly impossible to clean properly. Anyone have any suggestions for a suitable replacement that is easier to clean?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Toto does make a variety of versions of their soft-close seat, but it's too late to exchange it now. Almost any elongated toilet seat will fit. The color match shold be close, but may not be exact, as well as the overhang (which with the Toto seat is next to nothing).

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I quite like my Toto softclose seat on my American Standard Cadet 3 (the best toilet, by far). What I like most about it is that there is a tight lip on it, so no mess gets under the seat when it is down.

renovationreality

Reaction score
I recently put in two toto ultramaxes. I wanted the one piece construction too minimize crevices for easy cleaning. My kids don't quite have their aim down. I love the toilets, but am disappointed in the soft close seats. It is pretty much impossible to clean out the back of the seat area when they get "hit". I am sure the seats will get replaced soon in our house, and I suggest toto take a look at the design...

Last edited:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
The real problem is that toilets were never meant to be used standing up. If your family can't figure that out you should consider having a urinal installed.

cwooden82

Reaction score
When I bought my Drake II I got a Bemis soft close easy- off seat - the only way to go! The boys aim has improved (esp. after I made them clean up a time or two) but still get some mess. I just turn the latches, pop the seat off,put it in the tub and spray with cleaner. Let it sit while I scrub the bowl, rinse off and viola! Only $36 at the big box store.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks