ToTo Low Flow Toilets, Audible slow leaks

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by catherine Landa, Aug 26, 2007.

1. catherine Landa

catherine Landa New Member

I just replaced four toilets in my house and collected the rebate for the change to low flow. Now, I am noticing a barely audible sound I associate with a slight leak around the stoppers.---what next? Dye tablets?

You would say call the plumber back, that is not going to happen, they will never come back for something small because they have too much work.
  2. cwhyu2

cwhyu2 Consultant

Try the dye.If new replacement yes call them back.
  3. cwhyu2

cwhyu2 Consultant

Iwould allways come back adn wouldnt have left untill perfect.
  4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Turn off the supply valve and see if the tank is empty by morning.

If the toilet has been running to refill the tank periodically, then yes, you have a leak. But, it is not uncommon for it to dribble a little water out for a few minutes out of the bowl down the drain as it equalizes the level. The bowl is like a cup that is filled to the brim. Any little disturbance can cause it to overflow a little. Wind through the vent system can affect it slightly. If the tank is emptying, then the flapper or its seat is likely leakiing. I'm assuming, it is not leaking onto the floor.
  5. catherine Landa

catherine Landa New Member

Thanks! ...great answer.

I can do that, thanks.