Toto Eco-Drake vs Drake II (E-Max vs Double Cyclone??)

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by justthinking, Dec 18, 2010.

1. justthinking

justthinking New Member

I am helping my grandma to replace her old toilets and to quality for the $125 residential high-efficiency toilet rebate program here in silicon valley, I have to get toilets with 1.28 gpf or less..

I have good experience with toto ultramax 1.6 gpf but not quite sure which 1.28 gpf model to get..
    (own 2 EL ultramax and 1 Rounded, only had one clog in 3+ yrs)

I have narrow the choice down to eco-drake or drake ii
    The main difference between the eco version and ii version is e-max vs double cyclone..
    From my reading, it seems that eco version moves more mass but double cyclone version cleans the bowl better..

In daily use, which one will actually be better?? is it a matter of picking better flush or cleaner bowl??
    I really like the 1.6 gpf g-max (a lot better than the power gravity ultimate my brother has) and want to get similar performance out of 1.28 gpf, which one would you guys say is a better toilet??
  2. cwooden82

cwooden82 New Member

I was in the same spot you are a couple of months back, ended up going for the Drake II. Very, Very happy with it, great bowl wash AND flush. Also has the Sanagloss finish which the eco-drake did not. Costs a bit more but definitly worth it. (plus it's just so cool to watch)
  3. SteveW

SteveW DIY Senior Member

Go with the double cyclone. Better bowl wash, and you don't sacrifice flushing at all from what I can tell with the 3 Totos I have.