Toto Eco 1.28 Gpf Toilets

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by OldFriend, Jan 28, 2008.

1. OldFriend

OldFriend New Member

I'm replacing two ancient toilets (54 yrs. old). Are Toto's ECO 1.28 GPF toilets (UltraMax and Drake) as good/effective as their 1.6 GPF counterparts?

I'm looking at both CST744EL - Eco Drake® ADA Toilet, 1.28 GPF at <http://www.totousa.com/productpage.asp?PID=981>
    and MS854114EL - Eco UltraMax® One Piece Toilet,ADA Height, 1.28 GPF at <http://www.totousa.com/productpage.asp?PID=983>.

My thanks for your help and advice.
  2. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

Reports that have been posted here would indicate they work just fine.
  3. CarlH

CarlH New Member

I have had the CST744E Drake(elongated Eco not ADA) installed for about a month now and I have no complaints. I also have a CST743S Drake(round not ADA not Eco) and would say that the performance of the Eco is close to the non-Eco. I would say that the performance is slightly lower, but it has not been a problem. No hard core tests to test the limits though.

Would I buy another? Yes.

If you find the Eco performance is not enough and you want the standard performance I suspect that you can swap the flapper from the non-Eco model to get the non-Eco performance and vice-versa. One of these days I will try swapping flappers...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2008