Toto Drake slow to refill

Users who are viewing this thread

katydu2

Reaction score
Toto Drake Tank slow to refill

Let me first say that I LOVE my Toto Drakes, they've never failed us before. I first heard about them here about 5 years ago - Thanks! :D
We are in a different house now and just finished a remodel, adding two new Drakes. It is flushing fine, but afterward, one toilet does not immediately start the refill of the tank. There is a silent pause and maybe 15 seconds later, a loud hiss as the tank begins to fill. What can be causing this to happen? And is it a symptom of something worse to come?

Thanks.

(The Drake in our guest bath, used much less, is still fine.

We did however, have one connected before the demo and it too began this pause, which grew quite lengthy before the hiss and refill. At that time we ignored the problem distracted by other issues. We figured it to be a fluke, and that tank and fittings were ultimately replaced before the reinstall anyway.)

https://terrylove.com/korky/

korky_cap.jpg

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Sometimes it will go away on its own. Depending on which fill valve you have, if it is the Korky one (no screw on the top), you can change the seal assembly in about 30-seconds. Lowes sells them for less than $3. Instructions are on the package. You could try taking the cap off and removing and checking the filter, but it's probably okay. Instructions are available here, burried in older threads, or check out www.korky.com.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks