Toto Cst743s

Users who are viewing this thread

rolls831

Reaction score
First, thanks for all the good information. I read about the dilemma of the fellow with 107/8" rough in. The center of my drain from wall is 11" not counting tile that will be installed. I did not see where he was successful. I want to install TOTO743s, and was wondering if this is going to fit? The old toilet was 271/2 inches from wall, and with 3" drain. I would appreciate some info regarding this situation. Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Most tile is at least 1/4" thick...I think that may be the straw that broke the camel's back...

rolls831

Reaction score
I read Jamie Love's post on installing Drake CST744s. There is also a footprint of the base and the measurements. From the back to the center of the holes was 10 5/8". If this is accurate, I should be able to install the ToTo CST743s. Maybe Jamie could post a reply.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The tank goes further back than the base. Plus, those numbers are nominal, there is a tolerance, they may not be exact. Clay shrinks a fair amount, so all toilets are much bigger prior to drying then firing...slight difference can mean differences in dimmensions. A 12" toilet is pretty much guaranteed to fit on a 12" rough...anthing smaller is a crapshoot.

rolls831

Reaction score
rolls831

Thanks, I'm going to find a ToTo at the plumbing store and set it against the wall and get an exact measurement. I hope there is wiggle room.

rolls831

Reaction score
rolls831

just got back from plumbing store where there was a ToTo CST743s on display. I got permission to push the unit against the wall till the base touched. The tank had about 3/4" to the wall. I then measured from wall to center of bolt holes, 10 5/8". So I'm thinking I can install the toilet, barely. I have about 3/16" movement on slotted bolt holes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks