Toto Convert With Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

tonyblaze

Reaction score
I currently have a Kohler toilet that clogs constantly and want to convert to a Toto model from the excellent advice on this forum. I want an elongated bowl at ADA height. What is the difference between the Drake, Drake II , and UltraMax ? Irregardless of bells and whistles I want the most powerful flush - my whole family has toilet fatigue. Secondly, I contacted all of the resellers listed on Toto's website for my area (Northeast Ohio) and none had any of the models in tan. Any suggestions on a good place to order one from? Thanks in advance.

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
I believe you are looking for a bone coloured fixture...not tan. All three of those models are more or less the same flushing performance. The ultramax is a once piece unit. The Drake II is the only standard ADA unit, but my supplier will sell me a regular Drake with a special ADA height bowl. Elongated toilets don't clean the bowl as well as round toilets, but are still my preferred choice. I prefer the ultramax the least. All three have a similar water spot.

I guess it just depends on your choice of design.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have only experience with Toto Drakes and they are excellent, but I know the others models are very good as well. Bone is the color you want. It's a light beige and will match other manufactures beige fixtures very closely. I can tell you that the Drake was originally designed for commercial use, so it is a workhorse for sure. I don't have Sanigloss, but I find no problem with cleaning the occasional streak. Often 3 or 4 facial tissue and a flush will clear them. Otherwise a quick swirl with a brush is all it takes. Never have had a clog in over 2 years on one and 1 year on the other.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Skid marks are a function of diet and how and where you sit on the toilet...CEFIONTECT is smoother, so it washes off easier (like a waxed car releases stuff easier). The Drake II should be easier to clean, but neither is hard nor does it need it much.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks