Toto Alternative?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bowl Weevil

Reaction score
One of my Briggs Vacuity toilets is slow, and these terrible toilets are hard to plunge and snake. I want a new toilet.

I installed a Toto Drake last year, because Totos are great. I don't want to spend $700 on a guest can, though.

Who else makes really good 1-piece toilets and provides lasting support, unlike Briggs?

I do not care how much water it uses.

I see sites recommending Kohler, but I had two, and they were junk. Kohler is why I ended up with two Totos.

Slomoola

Reaction score
For a 2 piece, you asked for 1 piece, the Home Depot American Standard Vormax is the reigning flush champion. Never seen another gravity tank flush like the three of my Vormaxes do. To get better flushes or should I say more powerful, you must get commercial grade power assist toilets. My Vormax will flush a loaf of bread. It checks every box I wanted. Bowl cleaning, class leading. I paid $269.00 minus the 10% off for us veterans at home cheapo.

Most every "other" toilet fails in bowl cleaning.

Kohler is crap now IMO. Steer clear.

Can't speak on Toto's. Not into paying a thousand dollars for a pooper. I would put my Vormax up against any Toto.

Slomoola

Reaction score
I decided to get a two-piece Toto Entrada. It was $238 at Amazon. Now I need a wax ring.

Thanks.
Be careful buying from Amazon or Ebay. Might find out you have no warranty. Amazon is flooded with Chinese grey market junk.

Also often I've found buying direct from the manufacturer you get better prices and warranty if needed. No middleman markup.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks