TOO Short now

Users who are viewing this thread

Dbwell2

Reaction score
My daughters and I have been busy remodeling our bathroom. We have replaced the tub and retiled the tub surround. Everything BUT the valve handle is fitting fine with a few adjustments. We have installed a Jameco, one handle, tub and shower unit. It does work now without the escutcheon plate, but once it is installed it will not leave enough room for the faucet to operate properly. I have thought of a few solutions, but hoped someone else would have another.

Solution 1 - To chip away the tile enough to "embed" the plate.

Solution 2 - To try and fine a escutcheon plate that recesses into the wall and that will fit.

Solution 3 - Call a plumber and faint at the bill :eek:

I would appreciate any suggestions you may have. Thank you

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Some manufacturers offer extension plates/handles to account for valve not installed at the right depth. Have you checked the manufacturer's website or the instructions? Do you have access to the valve from the back side? Basically, you either need an extension or to move it closer to the finished side. Anything else will probably look pretty funky.

Dbwell2

Reaction score
TOO Short still

I haven't found a website for Jameco. I am going to call them tomorrow. Access from the back side difficult but may be possible if necessary. The dishwasher and cabinets back up to it. I thought maybe there would be another type of escutcheon plate that would recess a little into the wall that would work.

Thanks for your input.

Dbwell2

Reaction score
Wouldn't I need a plumber for that? I had to have one come out so he could solder the new one in....How would it shim out? angles?

Dbwell2

Reaction score
Still

I may have to do just that. I was hoping there would be another solution.

I appreciate your answers

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks