Too much staining from iron in well water

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by Golfsupttdd, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Golfsupttdd

Golfsupttdd New Member

Any recommendations on types/brands of system to inject a deionizing solution with my irrigation water?????????
  2. speedbump

speedbump Previous member

We sell a chemical that is manufactured here in Florida that is mixed with water depending on your water's mineral make up that when injected with a chemical feed pump will sequester the iron and make it fall off instead of staining.

bob...
  3. Bob NH

Bob NH In the Trades

Here is a link to managing iron and manganese in drinking water. Some of it may apply to your irrigation application.

http://www.fs.fed.us/eng/pubs/html/99711308/99711308.html#Seque

Sequestration is reported to work at iron concentrations up to 3 mg/liter.

If you have a large area you could set up a settling tank (a pond), or an open-air sand filter to filter the water after it is oxidized. It would require re-pumping.