Toilet running after Korky repair

Users who are viewing this thread

woodsdog

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I hope you can help me out with some suggestions.

We have a toilet that is about 6 years old. It started running quite a bit so I decided to try to fix it. I went to lowes and got a Korky repair kit. One like this:

http://www.korky.com/fill-valves-flush-valves-kits/complete-universal-toilet-repair-kit

I did the replacement and it was working ok, most of the time. I would say though that about a quarter of the time it still runs after being flushed. It's annoying, and I feel like I really didn't help too much.

One of the symptoms of the toilet is that there is hardly any resistance in the flush lever. I read many things that said the chain is usually at fault. I have adjusted the chain many times, and there is still hardly any resistance when flushing the toilet. Like, a light press down it triggers a flush. I've never felt a toilet have such low resistance to flush. The chain, by the way, is almost taut, just maybe one or two links of free ness in the chain.

What causes this?

It almost seems like the flapper is too light, but I doubt that is it. Is it that the seal of the flapper not tight enough and there is no suction? Does that lack of suction prevent resistance in the flush?

Any suggestions would be helpful!

Thanks

Woody

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
There could be several reasons why it still runs. It may just need a little adjustment. A picture of how it looks when it finishes filling might be helpful. Does the toilet tank fill up to the right height? Is it running over the top of the overflow? If that is not happening the flapper might be leaking. Did you change the entire flush valve or just the flapper?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks