Toilet Flush Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Theguynaecollogist

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I`m just new on the site

I`m looking for Help with my toilet. I`m not a Plumber but as I`ve got older I would now try and tackle any problem before calling in the Professional

My Problem is when I flush my toilet, it sounds like the QE2 going up the river
Very loud and I`ve had to turn the water/flush valve back so it doesn`t sound as Loud

I`ve been told it can be air in the pipes
But although I`m not a Plumber I don`t think thats the case
After I took off the Top part of the toilet the part that connects to the Ballcock looks as if its seen better days

Anyone Help or Experienced this Problem with their Toilet?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Many toilets can use standard replacement parts. Korky quietfill valve is one, Fluidmaster 400A is another. If yours can take one of these valves, it's often only a 15-minute repair. If you post a picture of what you have, someone could tell you if a standard valve would fit. The valves are less than $20 at a plumbing store or a big-box place like Lowes or HD.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks