Toilet flange connection question

Users who are viewing this thread

mcelhane

Reaction score
I am plumbing a new toilet. All the books that I have read have talked about connecting the closet flange to a 4x3 reducing 1/4 bend. However, the closet flange that I plan to use has a 3" socket (accepts 3" pipe") (it also swivels - which is a new feature, I think). So I plan on using a 3" 1/4 street bend from the closet flange over to the sanitary tee. Is there a problem with this? (note I am on the second floor, so 4" pipe is not an option) thanks

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
bend

It will work, but I do not like 3" toilet risers, and would exchange the flange for a 4" socket one and a 3x4 closet bend, (not a 3x4 elbow), which has a tighter turn radius and a "spigot" riser that the flange slides over once the riser is cut to the proper floor height.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks