New construction - closet bend not level - thoughts? Suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Infinity888

Reaction score
hello everyone.

I went to install a toilet flange today in a master bathroom and it looks like the closet bend is out of level by almost 3/8” (the bend is leaning forward towards where the front of the toilet would go).

Before noticing the issue with the closet bend — I had trimmed the bend to make it level across the top and went to put the flange on and the front of the flange goes in ok while the back is out the ~3/8”.

I saw a post where Terry said you could trim the flange down by 3/8”, I had a spare and gave it a shot but the back is still out by 1/4”.

The bend is a 4x3 with the 4” not being a hub and instead I believe it’s the same diameter as a 4” pipe. I’m using a flange that goes inside a 4” pipe and over a 3” pipe.

The floor has been tiled, there’s kitchen cabinets installed underneath — so I can’t remove the bend.

Any suggestions would really be appreciated.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks