toe kick heater

Discussion in 'HVAC Heating & Cooling' started by rockycmt, Jan 5, 2011.

1. rockycmt

rockycmt New Member

I recently took a cast I radiator out of my kitchen. Did a remodel and it did not fit anymore. Small kitchen. I want to place a heat source back in the room. Can I retro a toe kick in the new existing cabs? My basement is open. I figure I need to drill up from the basement in the right spot to hook up the 2 water lines and 110. Cut the toe kick and feed everything in from the toekick and connect downstairs.

Any concerns?
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

That is how to INSTALL it, but do not expect to get the same heat from it that you did from a cast iron radiator.
  3. rockycmt

rockycmt New Member

Great. We just want some of the heat back. It is a small kitchen and we would like to warm the floor. We thought about doing a little under floor radiant but that would require a mixingvalve and a new circulator. This just seemed easier as the old monoflow loop is just below the floor.