tile redi shower pans Current comments/opinions/ experiences

Users who are viewing this thread

Skychief

Reaction score
I am planning on a shower install on top attic floor of my house. I saw the Tile Redi product on a TV home improvement show and was hoping to get some feedback from members of Terry's forum. Thanks in advance and best regards,
Paul

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Ofen, the attic floors were never designed for a live load. If yours is not, adding anything there that is brittle (tile is brittle) is asking for problems because the joists are often undersized for an actual living space, but fine for holding the walls together. I've never used one of those. YOu might ask the same question or search on www.johnbridge.com I know it has had people use them, and they have been discussed.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
You might find some information that is helpful there on John Bridges Site. You might not.

Building in your attic often is easy as pie because often the attics in this old homes of ours where build to add a room above.

If you have 2"x4" framing - no way.

If you have 2"x6" framing - there might be a window

Old 2"x8" framing in many cases if it's old growth stronger than the new growth 2"x10"'s

The first step should be a visit to city hall and the second a call to a structural engineer.

First work on the structure. Then decide on a layout. Next work out your deflection rates.

Then seek further information.

Good luck.

Keeps us posted...

JW

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks