tieing into 31/2 in cleanout drain plug

Users who are viewing this thread

dburly

Reaction score
I am putting a new bathroom in my basement, I have the piping, pit and ejector pump in, the problem is that theres a 31/2 in plug on the end of the main sewer line. It is in a adapter which is leaded onto the 4in main. Since they don't make 31/2 fittings that I know of, any ideas on what to do.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If the plug is into a 'leaded in" cast iron ferrule, then you remove that and replace it with a piece of 4" pipe. otherwise there is no option other than to redo the piping.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Remove the adapter and install a wye in it's place, with a cleanout on the end of the wye for the main line. The cleanout is a requirement and should not be eliminated.

For an ejector system, I prefer to cut in a wye downstream of any other branch connections in the house if it is reasonable to do so.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks