3 cleanouts in front yard right next to each other?

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris Milot

Reaction score
Would like to know why I have 3 cleanouts in our front yard right next to each other. Planning on putting some pavers in this area and was wondering if I can just cap 2 of them and put pavers over the top and leave one showing? If I remember correctly other houses I have lived at only have had 1 cleanout in the front but I could be wrong, there may be a purposes to having multiple? I've looked down them and they all go fairly deep like 5 feet or so. I assume they all tie into the main sewer line exit. Here's a pic

20240312_165425.jpg

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
RotoRooter can come out with a sewer camera and locate where they go in just a few minutes. Or if they're not real deep you can dig them up yourself. You don't want to eliminate any cleanouts.

GReynolds929

Reaction score
Is there standing water in any of them? The two close together look like a bullhorn clean out for going upstream and downstream, not sure why the other is there unless you have another line that ties in to your main there. As stated a camera can locate and tell where the lines go.

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Foundation drains? Two cleanouts for the two ways around the perimeter of the house, plus one DWV cleanout.

Cheers, Wayne

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I can think of other senarios besides the good guesses made alreadsy as to why. If you got 500 bucks in your pocket and you gotta know call some outfit and get some kid out there trying to sell you something. I got better ways to spend my money so I recomend covers or whatever to dress it up If its that important to you. Which I totaly understand , I kind of doubt they are just random extras therefore its throwing money away in my opinion but again you may feel diferant

Reach4

Reaction score
Just speculating... how about the one farther from the house being an RV sewer hookup? Is that in a place that you could readily park an RV? Certainly, there are other possibilities.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
One day the house will be filling with poop and urine water and you'll be happy you left those accessible.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
RotoRooter can come out with a sewer camera and locate where they go in just a few minutes. Or if they're not real deep you can dig them up yourself. You don't want to eliminate any cleanouts.
Any company with the name " ROTO" run as far as possible from them IMHO

You can rent a camera or even buy one from E bay relatively cheap

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks