This should be an easy Delta question for you guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

TRex22

Reaction score
About that "dome nut"...

A "really" good plumber would probably be able to replace the valve from the front, but he would also be able to remove the "dome nut" without cutting it or damaging the copper tubes holding the faucet together. The copper tubes are NOT "work hardened" and they WILL twist off very easily if you abuse the faucet body.

I have this exact same fixture and had a terrible time removing it today. Funny how all the "Do it Yourself" videos don't demonstrate using real-world parts with 20 years of corrosion and calcium deposits. Anyway...

I tried whacking on the dome nut, whacking on the pliers, whacking me head against the wall - nothing would get the thing loose. I used some WD-40 (which actually doesn't make a whole lot of sense for this particular type of issue) with negative results. Two hours of frustration and counting. Meanwhile the water to my house is shut off. Ugh. THEN...

I found some "Lime-Away", which is a similar product to CLR or other hard water deposit removal sprays. I blasted the assembly with it, making sure it got into the crevise behind the dome nut. I let it soak for probably 3-4 minutes, and then tried the pliers again. POP! It came loose immediately with only moderate effort. *HIGHLY* recommend you try this method first if you can't get the dome nut off.

Best wishes,

TR

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks