Thermostatic Mix Valve at Kitchen Sink?

Users who are viewing this thread

yesngo

Reaction score
mixing valve.jpg

I recently installed a new dishwasher, and in order to do so, I turned off the hot water valve. When I turned it back on, there was no water from the kitchen faucet, hot or cold. The dishwasher works fine, so I was thinking the problem is somewhere at the faucet. Upon further inspection, it looks like there is might be some type of thermostaic mix valve, as seen in the picture above. I read that the valve sometimes shuts off when it senses there is no water. The question now is how I turn it back on. Perhaps the valve is stuck? I'm assuming the valve is at the T in the picture. However, how do I go about uncoupling it, as I do not see a nut.

Last edited:

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't think there is a thermostaic mix valve there. Where is the shut off? Are you sure you turned everything back on?

yesngo

Reaction score
At first, when I saw your recommendation to clean the aerator, I thought it odd, as it seemed unlikely to me that it could completely clog instantly. However, I followed your advice, and unscrewed the head of the faucet, and sure enough, the water flowed freely without it. And while I didn't find much debris on the aerator itself, the faucet worked fine once I screwed the head back on. Thank you so much!

0928151807.jpg

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
At first, when I saw your recommendation to clean the aerator, I thought it odd, as it seemed unlikely to me that it could completely clog instantly. However, I followed your advice, and unscrewed the head of the faucet, and sure enough, the water flowed freely without it. And while I didn't find much debris on the aerator itself, the faucet worked fine once I screwed the head back on. Thank you so much!

View attachment 31162
Sometimes the most coplicated problems have the easiest solution glad to be of help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks