The worlds best sewer tools and equipment !

Users who are viewing this thread

MACPLUMB

In the Trades
Reaction score
So who only works 200 days a year, ? ?
Try 350 or more days a year was what I was working most of my life !

PipeInspection

Reaction score
New to the site, but thought I'd drop a post to say hello.

Looks like we have a fellow Pipe Camera provider here.

Hope all is wells.

Paul

freeflow

Semi retired master plumber
Reaction score
The reason that i stated that Trojan worldwide makes the worlds best

equipment is because most plumbers and drain cleaning professionals

prefer a enclosed or sealed drum

machine as the best overall type machine to use both inside buildings

and outside in the open spaces,

a sewer machine is a very expensive investment for professionals to

make and are are expected to last a very long time doing literally

millions of drain jobs

that have to be well built and rugged enough to stand upto very harsh

conditions and yet light weight enough to handled over rough ground

and up and down staircases without causing physical injury to the

professional using it and in my considered professional opinion the

Trojan series of machines make the most

out of these quality's in the right portions to last many years, stand up

to rough treatment, have the motor power to run long distances, and

clear very heavy stoppages,
I almost missed
Trojan makes the worlds finest quality oil tempered, heat treated, music wire cables and is the first to start offering stainless steel cables over 2 years ago and now has stainless steel closet augers,

freeflow

Reaction score
[/QUOT. Jerry ,over here in Alabama it's probably 2 or 3 trains of thought on sewer machines .I started with RR in mid 70s so naturally I liked open reel or sled type, the plumbers used the supply house brands this area SPARTAN. And the young guys jumping into the trade bought general or rigid. What's the BEST ?? I say what ever you can do your job with? After a few years rest and spinal blocks on my back, and changing my ways ,I have been helping a younger plumber some ( not for the money just love getting out only so much fishing and riding my bike) I had lost this forum ( as well as the other forums ) but got a new IPHONE and found them again glad to see your still at it so a few of us old dogs still out
playing in po po , I will be 66 in Jan but seems like on other forums there were a few old cats like us still working hang in there my friend , if I could start over I would take better care of my BACK !! EDDIE SELF (retired rooter )or free flow eddie@jeself.com

Last edited:

freeflow

Reaction score
Forgive my spelling I can barely see letters on this phone(big grin) I googled up Freeflow in Birmingham a was stunned man what a trail we leave on the Internet? I noticed my old phone number is up for grabs it's been close to 10 yrs since I used that name or phone number I wish I had done what my friend did and sell name phone number and truck he got a nice chunk of change for his one man band!!$$

Last edited:

todd007

Reaction score
Williams power snake has been around for a while and i've used the sh** out of it! The old spartans work well too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
I have General, Rigid and had Spartan, Marco and Electric eel

The General augers I have over 30 years the General 90 I have 30 years

What I consider a great machine is one that can pay for itself after being used 5-6 times

For example my minimum charge for snaking a sewer is $325.00 so if I pay $1,600 and use it 5 times its paid for

A General auger pays for itself the very first time I use it

I only had to replace three 3/4" x 100 feet of cable in the past 38 years and that was due to employees neglect

Also theft is a big problem for inner city plumbers where vans are broken into so why pay for 3- 5 times more for a cable machine that will be
1- abused by employees
2- take months to pay for itself
3- parts may not be readily available
4- is very user friendly

sylvan-snaking-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MACPLUMB

In the Trades
Reaction score
AS of May 1st, 2017
I am now a Independent Distributor for Electric Eel Mfg,
a full line of sewer and drain equipment, with cameras, and small jetters

As while as Easy Cam Sewer Cams

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
TO ALL PLUMBERS, DRAIN CLEANERS AND PROPERTIES OWNERS

TO LET YOU ALL KNOW AS OF JULY THE FIRST 2010 I HAVE GONE TO WORK AS A OUTSIDE SALESMAN

FOR TROJAN WORLDWIDE INC.

JERRY MAC HODGE
281-872-0415
MACSALESANDSERVICE@UTAHWEB.COM

http://www.trojantoolmfg.com/

HOME CATALOG CONTACT

Stallion Pony Colt Battery Operated Colt Cables Jet Machines Jetter Hose Camera Systems

Mailing Address:
Trojan Worldwide, Inc.
P.O. Box 10037
Houston, Texas 77206-0037
Physical:
Trojan Worldwide, Inc.
3306-C Ella Blvd.
Houston, Texas 77018

Toll free Phone Number:
800-392-4902

Houston Area Phone Number:
713-692-1140

sales@trojanworldwide.com

info@trojanworldwide.com

Worlds BEST is a machine that can pay for itself after cleaning 3- 4 sewers and the machine and cable lasts over 30 years General is one of the BEST machines when it comes to paying for itself and takes employee abuse and is very easy to repair IF ever needed.

Two month ago I used my electric eel 11/4 cable and ran the snake exactly 264 FEET although electric eel says no more then 200 feet

After snaking the 8" line 9 times I removed all the roots and other debris and was able to collect $5,500 . Two other companies quoted over $18,000 to replace the sewer

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Let me just add my 42 years in the plumbing profession opinion

I judge equipment on the amount of time it pays for itself and ease of repair if needed

My very first gas water Jetter was a Rigid KJ 2200 and I was doing outside leader lines weak machine but it did do the job and it paid for itself the first time I used it

I bought Spartan top of the line machine TO BIG to go through a door way and very expensive

A Marco piece of crap JUNK total waste of money plastic drum USELESS . (No wonder they went out of business)

General super 90 with a hand crank to feed and retrieve early 1980's

Fits though most doors easy for one man for take down and up basement stairs as it is only 234 pounds 3/4 x 100 feet cable

Electric eel fantastic sectional machine still working after 30 years and we did a run over 300 feet roots 8" line

General XP 1/2" or 3/8 x 75 feet

We did a 25 story coop 2" kitchen line the snake more then paid for itself and I made a hell of a profit and still have that machine

Rigid K750 Very flexible cable compared to general as the Rigid 3/4 cable fly's through tight turns BUT the drum is way to big and the wheels are a joke USELESS

I bought several machines from E bay for less then half what the manufacturers wanted (supply house)

My Jetters I used Mustang, Rigid, Jetmax , and water Cannon and amazing tools

Water Cannon and Amazing tools give the fastest pay back and LAST for decades.

If "Spartan Cables" are the VERY BEST then why not buy a General super 90 and use the Spartan cables? UNLESS they are wound different then run the machine in reverse :)

I was given some machines to evaluate and they were so bad I figured I would not even say anything as there was noting nice to say about them

I bought a Spartan box of assorted cutting heads and welded Rigid/ spartan adapter to General so I can easily user either General clog chopper or spartan cutters on the same cables 3/8" 1/2 " and 3/4

NO MACHINE is the "BEST" the cables are what counts ,and weight , portability , price , customer service and availability of parts

I have A BMW 2016 750 I (M) sport high performance Perilli tires Car cost over $125,000 with most of the sport package options

My Daughter bought a 2020 Subaru Legacy 1/4 the price of the Busty my Wallet car much longer warranty, SAFER in the rain or snow 100,000 GREAT customer support BOTH cars are capable of reaching 0-60 MPH ( mine does it in 4.2 seconds and burns twice the fuel

Yet according the bull Chit BMW advertises it is FAR FROM the "Ultimate driving machine"

My 2011 Lexus LS 460 L is not only safer in bad weather it is cheap to maintain and very roomy although the BMW is fun to drive on twisting roads at break neck speeds

To say "the very best" is misleading each one has the plus and negative sides

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
A plumber can clear a clog if the blockage isn't too far into the pipes. Cleaning out a sink trap removes clogs caused by buildups — such as soap or grease — or a foreign object — such as a toy. An auger — also known as a plumbing snake — or flat sewer rod can clear blockages deep in drain lines.
What a load of crap .. A grease stoppage should not be snaked it has to be water Jetted to remove the build up inside a waste line
If your going to spew nonsense try to make it plausible

A ROD is ROUND not flat get your terminology correct

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks