The toilet is growling!

Users who are viewing this thread

Blumengarten

Reaction score
The rest of my family thinks I'm crazy, but the toilet is growling when I flush! It sounds like a dolly with metal wheels rolling over rough asphalt. I don't hear it every time, it seems only after the toilet hasn't been used for several hours (it doesn't happen if I flush twice in a row). Nobody else has noticed it, and this is the first time in the 15 years I've lived here that I've heard it (the house is almost 100 years old). It's only been happening these past couple weeks when we've had temperatures near zero. Should I be concerned? What's causing this noise? Thanks!!

Cephus

Reaction score
Pull the top and see if you can identify where the sound is coming from. There are very few moving parts in a toilet so it can't be too hard to figure out. Even if you have to replace all the innards, it will cost you less than $20, if you're going to be messing around in there, might as well just replace it all.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks