T shaped drain on bathroom sink?

Users who are viewing this thread

dono

Reaction score
Hi,

I am pretty new to this stuff but I have unclogged a couple P drains in my time. I am attempting to replace my bathroom sink but I couldn't find a pipe fitting at Home Depot that looks like the following :

http://i.imgur.com/dNPvU.jpg

Everything I saw at home depot was just straight through. I think this is just overflow in case the adjacent guest bathroom on the other side of the wall gets clogged or something.

Anyway, any opinions or guidance would help? Do I need to go to a plumbing supply house for this. Home Depot is really the only "big" place within 20 miles of me.

Thanks!
--Don

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
The fitting is called a dishwasher tee. Can't see were the hose is coming from.

John

dono

Reaction score
Thanks.

How weird. No dishwasher in my bathroom :D . I would have to make measurements for sure, but the only thing I can figure is that it also goes to the adjacent bathroom in case that drain were blocked?

dono

Reaction score
Yep I went to a more informed plumbing supply only place that knew more than home depot, showed them my disassembled plumbing and the guy immediately identified it as AC overflow, and helped me find it. Home depot and lowes didn't seem to have the 5/8" size that I needed. I'm going back to the new place when I get to replacing my second sink and a couple of other odds and ends, they really seem to know what they're talking about.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The picture is huge and limited in scope, but they make a chrome branch tee that screws into the sink fitting, and replaces the metal part above your tee fitting, IF the hose is high enough in the wall to drain into it. The hose is usually 3/4" i.d.

dono

Reaction score
I figured it out after MACPLUMB777 said "A/C overflow" I went to a plumbing supply house and they knew exactly what I needed unlike the Home Depot people who said they'd never seen anything like that :) and I'm pretty sure they didn't have it either, I went through the whole 1 1/2" PVC section multiple times. And yeah I saw both 3/4" and 5/8" sizes for the tee. It's all together now and working just fine. Thanks for the responses.

Bluebinky

Reaction score
By AC overflow, I hope everyone means AC drain. The overflow should terminate in a conspicuous place like over a window or next to an exterior door so you'll notice it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks