Switching out 5600SXT with 5810SXT

Users who are viewing this thread

DoodleJinx

Reaction score
I am switching out a 5600SXT unit with a 5810SXT controller. This is a brand new unit (never installed). The seller is sending me a 5810SXT controller with a 1” riser tube. Can I easily swap the controllers? The seller did say that I will have to remove the old riser tube and insert the new one. They’ve said that the tank doesn’t need to be switched out.

Is this difficult to do this with resin in the tank? Does this sound like a bad idea? What should I watch out for while making this switch? Thanks.

Reach4

Reaction score
I have not done it, or anything close.

I have heard that if there is no gravel, you can hold a garden hose to the top of the new distributor tube. The water coming down and out will part the resin. Do you know if the tank has gravel? Of course there will be water coming out as you do this. Somebody may have a better method that can work even if there is gravel present.

There is also a 1.05" Distributor Adapter available, and you could leave the old tube and bottom basket in place. I think you could do without a top basket.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Watch the video. I will eventually update this for the 5810. They are basically the same. Get the adapter, much easier.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks