SureStor Indirect fired hot water heater 120 gallons

Users who are viewing this thread

criag

Reaction score
SuperStor Ultra. My oil fired hot water heater seems to make a "water flowing noise" intermittent. Sort of like the sound you would hear if there were air in your radiator pipes. The manual says to open a faucet to purge the air out the HW heater. How/why does it make that noise of hearing the swishing sound in the tank? Seems to work fine. Hot water just that noise a few times a day. This happens if no hot water is flowing or the faucet is off. Any advise or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
Is it a "SuperStor" or a "SureStor"? I could not find the brand SureStor by Googling. What is model number?
I'm thinking maybe you have an "expansion tank" on the system that is bad. Do you have a mixing valve on this setup? Is the TP relief valve leaking?
But I'm not a plumber.

criag

Reaction score
Is it a "SuperStor" or a "SureStor"? I could not find the brand SureStor by Googling. What is model number?
I'm thinking maybe you have an "expansion tank" on the system that is bad. Do you have a mixing valve on this setup? Is the TP relief valve leaking?
But I'm not a plumber.
HI, a typo. Its a SuperStor Ultra hot water heater. It does have an expansion tank. Is there a way to test? No leaks. The whole system works fine. Just noisy at times.

MichaelBukay

Plumber
Reaction score
if you tap on the expansion tank with a metal object, the part where it connects to the water line should sound different than the other end of the tank which should sound empty.

criag

Reaction score
if you tap on the expansion tank with a metal object, the part where it connects to the water line should sound different than the other end of the tank which should sound empty.
yes the expansion tank sounds fine. Any other ideas? Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
DOes the noise occur when the WH is reheating or when you are running water at a tap?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks