Suitable water pump to draw water from 35 feet(10 meters)to 50 feet (20 meters)well.

Users who are viewing this thread

buzzy

Reaction score
Suitable water pump to draw water from 35 feet(10 meters)to 50 feet (20 meters)well?

Hello...
I would like to find suitable water pump to draw water from 35 feet(10 meters)well to 50 feet (20 meters) tank.
The electric power used is 220 V.
What kind of water pump should i use? Pls give me some suggestions...

Thank u!

Last edited:

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
Suitable water pump

I would install a submersible pump (purchased from a well supplier or from Lowes). However to use a submersible pump the well diameter must be 4" or larger. If the well diameter is 2" or 3" you must install a Jet Pump with a deep well injector.

NOTE: You can install a special 3" submersible pump in a 3" well, however I don't usually recommend it!

If the well is a 1-1/4" diameter and it's more than 25' to the top of the water I don't recommend any pump. A 1-1/4" well can be pumped below 25' using compressed air but that requires a more complicated system. If this is a must I can assist you with that as well!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
pump

As I told someone years ago, "You can pump water to the moon, but you can only "suck" it up 25 feet". Therefore you need a deep well pump of some kind. Which one you use depends on finances and the type of well.

Speedbump

Reaction score
to draw water from 35 feet(10 meters)well to 50 feet (20 meters) tank.
I don't understand the from 35 to 50 feet thing.

I would never send anyone to a Big Box store for a pump of any kind.

Can you tell us what size this well is?

bob...

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
I wonder if the big-box stores are going to have submeribles with the proper number of stages for this application. 15 feet isn't much of a range for water levels to move up or down. I wonder if a deep-well jet with a tailpipe might not be a solution.

R

Rancher

I would like to find suitable water pump to draw water from 35 feet(10 meters)well to 50 feet (20 meters) tank.
What Speedbump is asking about the 35 and 50 feet part of your story is:

Is that 50 feet in elevation to the tank, i.e. higher in elevation?
Is your water at 35 feet, or is the well 35 feet deep?

What is the water level?

Rancher

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks