Station Does Not Turn Off

Users who are viewing this thread

Flaco

Reaction score
:eek:I have a Hunter sprinkler system with 4 stations, but I cannot get station #2 to turn off. I have cleaned the valves, rewired, disconnected the wiring at the valve/solenoid, restarted the system at the control box, and still I can't get it to turn off. I am out of ideas. I read that the spring in the valve may not be pushing into the diaphram to turn the station off, but have not yet tried this. Any other ideas that may help?

Alectrician

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
#1 likely cause would be torn diaphragm

When the solonoid sucks the plunger up, it lets water into a tiny port which fills up the top half of the valve forcing the diaphragm down to close the passage of water to your heads. If the diaphram is torn the water will just leak thru and the valve will stay on.

If you have unscrewed the solonoid and checked for any debris/blockage, the next step is to pull the valve apart and look at the diaphragm. It a DIY thing but make sure you don't lose any springs and you put things back in order.

A lot of water MAY flow out when you take the valve apart so be prepared and give it somewhere to go or use a wet vac or bailing device.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks