Starting a website for my Plumbing Company, thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
web site

UNless it will be managed by a third party, you are setting yourself up for a second job, if you intend to do it right. IF it is not continually updated, users will check in and then go away because they have already seen what is there, and maybe not come back.

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
UNless it will be managed by a third party, you are setting yourself up for a second job, if you intend to do it right. IF it is not continually updated, users will check in and then go away because they have already seen what is there, and maybe not come back.

You have that right. I been working on my website for years. I haven't done much to it so the traffic died down. But I have a bunch of new pages I am working on to roll out soon. Just need to get the time to finish them up. This freeze been keeping me super busy.

ladycooper

Reaction score
You are right hj.

many peopla are talking on web 2.0 nowaday where our website suppose to allow interaction with our visitor instead of just pure information providing. Unless your website is created for that purpose.

May consider to start your blog and you may blog about anything new then link your visitor back to your website.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Hey Piker,
Man I couldn't stand looking at that website for more than a couple of seconds. I don't know why but I found myself in the kitchen looking for an icepick to jab in my eyes...

I'd delete the whole damn thing and get a pro to redesign it...:eek:

Billy Mays

Reaction score
Website
www.BillyMays.com
Hey Piker,
Man I couldn't stand looking at that website for more than a couple of seconds. I don't know why but I found myself in the kitchen looking for an icepick to jab in my eyes...

I'd delete the whole damn thing and get a pro to redesign it...:eek:

Hi! Billy Mays here! That was damn funny! And harsh! May I suggest "Wipe-Away!" for your inaccurate website. "Wipe-Away!" will fix those boring websites! Buy Wipe-Away! Today!

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Hi, I am your plumber who will showup wearing a carpenters belt and tools...ya gota be kidding....

This is a joke...

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
WoW...he says any PSI over 60# is excessive and you should have a PRV installed...

NUTS

SewerRatz

Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Reworked website!

Well I been working on this site for weeks. Let me know what you all think. There will be more pages in the near future, like the web discount link is not up till I make the coupons. http://www.a-archer.net Now I just need to get webpoint to release my a-archer.com domain so I can link it to this one.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Hello all, I am developing a website for my plumbing company in Georgia. If you could just let me know your thoughts on it. That would be great.

Thanks guys

http://www.pikerplumbing.com

I'd fire the person who designed that site.

It's Pathetic!

You need to find someone that knows the "organic" end of google so that your site shows up without resorting to spamming plumbing forums on the web.

spam.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Seems to me that designing a web site is a whole lot like DIY plumbing. Looks easy, but there are many places to go wrong. Unless you have experience and lots of computer skills, it would be best to hire pros. Any way it's done, it is absolutely vital that it be regularly updated.

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
Seems to me that designing a web site is a whole lot like DIY plumbing. Looks easy, but there are many places to go wrong.
Atleast a website can't leak and get you a callback. :cool:

Sewer Ratz,
well it's good to put a picture to the name.

Last edited:

SewerRatz

Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Atleast a website can't leak and get you a callback. :cool:

Sewer Ratz,
well it's good to put a picture to the name.

You been playing guitar long? I tried just can not get my fingers to contort to make the chords. And you are right is is nice to put a face to the name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks